Are you ready to list your Redlands CA home for sale?
If so, you might be laser-focused on your listing price, and dreaming of all the things you could do with that money. At this point, it’s not uncommon for sellers to consider selling their home themselves to maximize the total amount they take home from the deal.
But selling your home isn’t just a matter of putting a for sale sign out front, there are days and weeks worth of work that go into making sure you close your deal with the terms you want. If you’re getting ready to sell your Redlands house, these are six reasons to work with a listing agent.
- Marketing: To reach the biggest selection of buyers, you need to take advantage of online listing sites and physical marketing. A seller’s agent will have all of the tools required to reach the right buyers professionally.
- Pricing: An agent that works exclusively or mostly with sellers will be an expert at pricing your Redlands home. If your home is listed too high, it will sit, and if it’s too low, you won’t get all that you need out of it.
- Photography: Your cell phone shots of your home probably aren’t going to do it justice in the eyes of buyers. A seller’s agent will know the right photographers and settings to make your house shine.
- Honesty: You may think the lanai you installed in the back of your house is a show-stopper and should boost up your home’s price. Your agent, on the other hand, will be able to tell you honestly which improvements demand higher prices, and which hold more emotional meaning for you than buyers.
- Staging: Your home should look neutral enough that when potential buyers enter, they can see themselves living there. An agent will advise you on what furniture to toss, things to put away and even paint colors and finishes that will make your home look upgraded.
6. Negotiating: Selling your home can be an emotional process, and working with an agent means that there are no emotions during critical negotiations.