You’ve decided to list your Redlands, CA home for sale – now what?
While you’ll need to hire a real estate agent, decide on a price, and deal with all of the others ins and outs of selling a home, one of the first steps you can take is to declutter your home. The earlier you start this process, the less you‘ll have to scramble when it comes time to hold real estate showings and open houses. Not to mention, clearing out your home of unnecessary stuff now will make it easier on you when it comes time to leave your home for the last time.
These 18 easy tips can help you hide your eyesores that will detract from your home’s first impression on prospective buyers.
- Clean everything.
- Add a coat of paint to your garage door.
- Paint your interior walls with a low-sheen finish; matte tends to attract a mess and high-gloss will show every imperfection on your wall.
- Charge your devices in a drawer.
- Cover wires from electronics.
- Replace shower curtains
- Spruce up ugly tiles with a bit of paint or refinisher.
- Refinish your bathtub in a weekend with a DIY kit.
- Hide trash bins in the pantry or under your counters.
- Hang or store bathroom accessories and tools.
- Cover bedsprings with a bed skirt or do-it-yourself with some fabric and a staple gun.
- Get weatherproof storage bins to hide outdoor trashcans.
- Cover thermostats and circuit breakers with a little artwork.
- Use chalkboard paint to cover heavily-used doors or other areas that are susceptible to dings.
- Cover laminate counters with adhesive or paint-on faux-granite.
- Disguise ugly fences behind hedges.
- Replace bulbs and even outdated light fixtures.
- Use rugs inside to cover old carpeting, and outside to bring a pop of color.
Redlands California Homes for sale is run by Results Group. Jessica, Alan and Justin have been part of this community since birth for some of them. If you are looking to sell a home, buy a home or just have questions about real estate in general in and around Redlands California such as Highland, San Bernardino, Yucaipa, Calimesa, Cherry Valley, Beaumont, Hinda, Moreno Valley, Bloomington or surrounding area, contact us at (909) 345-0909 or @ firstname.lastname@example.org. One call is all it will take for you to understand why we have top reviews and provide a zero pressure approach to real estate. Have an expert for all your Redlands California Homes for Sale and area for your real estate needs.